Thursday, November 5, 2009

Living on a prayer

I loved Bon Jovi growing up. It was the era of big bands, big hair, big music. I loved all their songs--Wanted Dead or Alive, Living on a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name--all my favorites. Never got to see them in concert, as my parents were not concert-goers, and frankly, I probably didn't realize they even came to town.

Fast forward to now. A couple friends and I decided to get tickets when their tour comes to the Sprint Center in March. One friend had nosebleed seats before, so we hatched a plan to get better seats.

Tickets went on sale at 10 am. I had three students in study hall lined up on computers, reading to hit refresh at 10 on the dot. 10 rolls around, they refresh, and we were off. It was a thrilling race to try to get the best tickets. One computer pulled up seats upstairs, so I ignored that computer and focused on the other two. Got three seats 11 rows back, right next to the stage. Sweet!

It was thrilling, but nerve wracking at the same time. I was so afraid I was going to mess something up, or lose the good seats. My students were laughing at me. "Calm down, calm down, you've got it" they kept repeating. And I did.

Now we have to wait until March!

No comments: