Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Her name is Luse

Second (and third and fourth and so on) children sometimes get the shaft. At least at our house this happens, and I'm sure others as well. Macy is the first one to do everything, so she gets praised, etc. Then when Kaylin gets around to it, it's old hat. Kaylin gets all of Macy's old clothes, shoes, dresses, coats, you name it. And she rarely bats an eye.

I admit sometimes I don't pay much attention to her. She can go from happy-go-lucky to whiny-go-whiner in two seconds flat, and that annoys me. Macy has more homework usually, so that takes time. Kaylin doesn't have much homework, so I don't work with her as much as I do Macy.

So tonight I was working on something on the computer, and she was writing something next to me. I wasn't paying attention to what she was writing, just spelling what she asked me to. Then she shows me the paper and I see what she has written. 

go see my cusin
His name is Joshua
go to the prk
play wif their doggy
Her name is Luse.

I spelled Joshua, their, and told her cousin started with a c. That's it. She wrote the rest entirely on her own.

Wow.

No way could Macy have written that in November of her kindergarten year. While I wasn't looking, my second child has grown up, and is blazing her own trail.

No comments: