Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Million Questions

We told Macy tonight! I couldn't keep the trip a secret a second longer, and she ran around in circles and screamed her little head off. Now it's all she can talk about. I mean non-stop. Every word out of her mouth is about D.C.

Could I pack her a lunchable for the flight? (um, a 6:00 am departure? No lunch necessary! )Where will she sleep? Can she take a blanket on the airplane? She wants to see her reflection in the Reflection Pool outside whatever monument that is. She wants to meet President Obama. Can she put her window down on the flight? Will I put Gatorade in her suitcase for her to drink in the hotel room? She will wear flipflops so she can go through security quickly. (In November? I don't think so.) If she had a DS or a Gameboy she could play it on the flight. But since she doesn't, she will bring two books and read. If she wants to talk to Carlie (her babysitter) on the plane, will I walk with her? It goes on and on and on...

And Kaylin handled it really well. Of course, I had to promise a special time at Grandma's house, and a similar trip in the future when she is old enough.

Is it time to go yet?

No comments: