Monday, August 24, 2009

Considerate folk and kid-isms

Yesterday we witnessed examples of a considerate gentleman and a not so considerate gentleman. Because I have nothing else to write about today and because it is about 80 degrees in my classroom, I will tell you about them.

Capri Sun's were on sale at Walmart yesterday, so naturally the shelves were pretty empty of them. I did see one on the very top shelf, pushed way back. I tried to figure out how to get it, while Macy was standing on the cart about ready to scale the shelves. This nice older gentleman must have seen my predicament and reached up to get it for me. Both girls were very impressed that this stranger would help us not. I explained how it's important to help others less fortunate than you. Macy says, "Yeah, that guy was tall and you're short so he helped you out." Precisely, dear Macy.

We headed over to Target to get three things that were cheaper over there. After we checked out, the girls were getting a drink from the water fountain and I was contemplating leaving them in Target. A man with his two kids stopped, took his groceries out, and left the cart in the middle of the aisle. Not so considerate.

And while we are on the topic of not considerate people, how about people who mow their grass and leave the grass clippings all over the sidewalk? When people run early in the morning, it is dark and sometimes they are not quite awake. Sometimes those people are also not terribly coordinated, and they might slip on the grass clippings. Use a broom or a leaf blower to dust your sidewalk. Us early morning runners would appreciate it.

Kaylin-ism while outside Friday night
KK: I see the Milky Way!
Madelyn: What's the Milky Way?
KK: It's where the stars are shaped like a milk carton.

Macy-ism yesterday morning:
Me: Did you have fun last night bowling?
Macy: No.
Me: Yes you did too!
Macy: You're right, I did. I just lied.

Well, then. At least she's honest.

No comments: