Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fashion, Kaylin Style.

"Mom, can I play outside?"
"Sure, Kaylin, but put some shorts on under that dress. It's too short to play outside in."




Kaylin has always been our,ahem, spirited child. She really likes to dress herself sometimes, and this is an example of some of the concoctions she comes up with. She loves wearing boots with shorts or capri's, and yesterday wore her Easter dress around all afternoon. Whatever floats her boat, I say.

I'm really not an uptight mom to get bent out of shape about what she is wearing. Once I let her go to the grocery store with wings on and a tutu. Soon enough she will be self-conscious about her hair, her clothes, her body, and I want to hold that off as long as possible. I sometimes do put my foot down, but otherwise I wouldn't want to deprive the world of this:

No comments: