Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Selling my house...

It started innocently enough.

When the email came through, I knew it wasn't intended for me, so I ignored it. Emails came once every couple weeks, and I continued to ignore them. Until yesterday.

The emails were between a husband, wife (me) and their real estate agent. The first emails were about getting their house ready to go on the market, what needed to be fixed, or what they will ask for the house. I ignored them. I didn't want to respond initially in case it was some sort of weird virus, but then I didn't respond because I was intrigued.

Yesterday apparenently they held an Open House for other agents and brokers. Everytime one of them left, he/she filled out a report with what he/she liked or disliked, and I got all the reports. My inbox flooded with these reports, so I looked at them. Then I got really intrigued, so I went to Remax (dot) com and typed in the MLS number that was on the reports. I even did a Google map to find the house.

The house is in a suburb of Philadelphia, is 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, finished basement. The pictures looked gourgeous! They are asking $335,000, which, according to the reports, is a little high for that area. The driveway looks small, and the street is very narrow.

I'm also intrigued that the husband hasn't noticed the email address is wrong. His wife and I share a first name, but our last name's are different, and I'm not sure how my email address was put in there. And why hasn't anyone noticed that I haven't responded?

I'm not going to respond now, because I want to see what happens.

No comments: