Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family tree

Tonight Macy's homework was to fill in her family tree. When we got to Bobby's mom, I explained how Grandma Maggie was up in heaven with Jesus, and that she died when Macy was a little girl. She didn't say much, just wrote Maggie then moved on. We have been waiting and waiting for her to ask questions, but she never does.

Then, just now, as I was putting her homework in her folder, I looked at the family tree. She drew a picture of everyone on their respective branches. Expect Grandma Maggie. I find that fascinating and sad at the same time. While the stick people don't look anything like us, she doesn't know Grandma Maggie, so she left that branch empty and didn't attempt to draw a picture. That's fascinating how intutive she is. I wish she wasn't already asleep so I could ask her about it. But it's sad also, because she never go the chance to know Grandma Maggie like she does the rest of her grandparents.

No comments: