Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ever shut down the email server?

I have a confession to make. I don't delete emails. Oh, I delete them from my inbox, but then neglect to remove them permanently from my deleted email folder. I know I have a problem with this, but I get over a 100 emails a day some days! Some I want to keep, and I don't want to sort them through to save the ones I want.

A few minutes ago, I received an urgent call from our district help desk. Apparently, I am taking up the most space on the email server--4 GB of space. Wow! According to one of my students, that is how much space he has on his iPod. Apparently, our email server is running out of space quickly, and if that happens, it is my fault, and it will shut down the email server for the entire district. He told me I have to clean up my email today. As in, don't go home until I clean it up.

For the record, here are the numbers:
27, 346 emails in Deleted Items Folder
10, 950 emails in Sent Email Folder
75 emails in Drafts Folder
150 emails in Inbox

The dates go back to 2005. I have known I needed to clean it up, but just didn't want to take the time. There are some that I want to keep, so I'll have to sort through all 27, 346 to find the ones I want to save.

No comments: