Monday, October 20, 2008

Not Me Monday!



I did not have a student paint my fingernails in class this week, because I couldn't stand the thought of going to parent teacher conferences with unpainted fingernails, and because she volunteered to. And I did not feel like a major rock star, carrying on a meeting with two other students while she painted my long fingernails.

I did not try to see how long I could sit perfectly still during my plan hour (our lights have sensors that turn the lights off if there hasn't been movement in the room in ten minutes) so the lights wouldn't come back on and I could sit in the dark. And I don't do this on a regular basis.

When my house was empty Monday night except me and the dogs, I did not revert to my childhood and sleep with a stuffed animal since I was lonely. And I did not sleep with a stuffed animal way into my high school years either.

I did not have a mini-tirade at a newspaper student this week, and use the word pissed in the "discussion". I don't say such things to my students. (However, the tirade worked and he got his butt in gear promptly.)

I did not take that picture of the Secret Service in secret, fearing they would take my camera for taking their picture. Like that was what they were worried about...And I did not giggle for getting away with taking the picture. (See post below.)

We did not bribe our children with money to swim certain lengths in the pool. However, it was worth it as they both swam unaided about 20-30 feet. A huge step. Amount we have to fork over: $5 each.

And I did not add to this all week.

MckMama, who is getting so close to delivering her baby, is hosting this at My Charming Kids

Have a great Monday! Don't forget to look at my St. Louis pictures below if you haven't.

No comments: