Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not me Monday and other random thoughts...



I did not accidently forget to fill up the ice cube tray numerous times this week. My husband loves it when I accidently forget to fill up the ice cube tray.

I did not utter the words, "You're messing up my mess!" to the girls on Saturday.

I did not, once again, not bathe my children but once this week. So Sunday morning, before church, I did not use a washcloth to wipe off the dust and dirt off their legs and feet.

Check out MckMama's blogfor her list, and to read many, many others!

We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday, and had a great time riding a kiddie train, doing a hayride, and picking pumpkins.





My husband's legal name is Bobby. Not Bob, or Robert. He has only been Bobby to me. But I find it hilarous that as we get older, people shorten his name. "Hi, I'm Bobby," he'll say. "Hi, Bob, nice to meet you!" Why do people find the urge to do that? Is Bobby not an adult name, and they feel that Bob is more representative of a 30-something man? I fight back a smile every time this happens...

Long week this week--parent teacher conferencs. Urghhh...

3 comments:

Shanan Strange said...

It may be a mess.. but it is YOUR mess. I know what you are talking about. I call it.. organized clutter.

Your blog is adorable! Found you on MckMama and wanted to drop in and say Hello!

Ashley said...

There IS a method to my madness....

Christina said...

Found you through McKMama and had to comment on this! My boyfriend's legal name is Johnny and people do the SAME thing to him. I think they find it odd to call an adult man Johnny so they always refer to him as John or ask if he's Johnathan. Sometimes I don't even realize mail or messages saying "John" are for him because I don't even think of him as a John.

Yet, nobody seems to have a problem with Johnny Depp or Johnny Cash - it's their names!