Friday, January 2, 2009

Not resolutions, but something...

It's been a jam-packed couple days with my brother's family in town, and sometime soon I'll put up pictures from our ice-skating trip, bowling trip, and Christmas with my side of the family. We've had a really good time.

In honor of the New Year, I thought I'd share my Not Resolutions for this year. People say they don't make resolutions because they end up breaking them. Well, I agree that is true, but there are several things I'd like to work on this year.

1. Lose weight--the classic resolution, but very needed for me. Especially as much as I've eaten over the last week. Today alone I think I ate 10 of my mom's ginger snap cookies and had 3 helpings of her Mexican Casserole. So losing weight/getting more fit is a key goal of mine this year. I'm going to dust off my bike, purchase some new running shoes, and get after it.

2. Read my Bible every day--I'm not so good at this. At church they are asking people to read through the Bible in a year, and I've tried that and failed. Something about reading 25 chapters of Deuteronomy in one night does me in every time. So the goal is just to read it every day.

3. Write a book--Or some short stories, or something. I'm sure I won't get published--not everyone can be Stephenie Meyer of Twilight fame and have your first book published and made into a movie, but hopefully eventually... Writing is my passion, and always has been. I think I'm fairly good at it, been told I'm fairly good at it, I just need to knuckle down and do it.

That's it. Just three things to work on this year--
Work out
Read the Bible
Write a book.

I'm sure there are more things I could work on in 2009, but this will be it for now.

Happy New Year, a day late. Hope it's a good one for you.

No comments: