Monday, January 26, 2009

KK's 5th birthday party

Yesterday afternoon we celebrated Kaylin's 5th birthday. I always move her party towards the end of January to get it far away from Christmas. We did the same set-up as Macy's 6th birthday--we painted nails, did their make-up, did their hair, and they changed into dress up clothes and ran hysterically around the room. It was fun to watch!

The birthday girl with her cake--Hannah Montana, of course. From Wal-mart, of course. My kids have never had a homemade birthday cake. And they have survived just fine.


Blowing out her candles...

The whole group--mostly kids from her preschool, along with a few other friends from our neighborhood. It was a great group of kids!

The famous Hannah Montana birthday cake...

Hannah and Macy were really big helpers--they painted nails, handed out plates and forks, and basically all I had to say was, "I have a job for you!" and they were all over that. Of course, they were "too cool" to play dress-up or look like they were having fun, but they loved helping, that's for sure.

"No, Mom, I wasn't putting on make-up all by myself while you were helping the other girls." Yikes! You should have seen her face. And of course she got that bright red make-up all over her nice pants. Oh well.

My sister did everyone's hair, and the little girls loved sitting there having their hair done. Here's Kaylin's...

Smile, birthday girl!

Towards the end, we did a "fashion show" where they modeled their dress-up clothes on a paper runway. For some reason Kaylin did not want to, and I didn't force her. At the end, though, she did run up and down the runway in her clothes.


I'm sure she had dreams of make-up, hair glitter, yummy cake, and Hannah Montana songs all night. And now I have 11 months to rest up for the next birthday party!

No comments: