Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ice Skating Pictures

Thursday night the entire family went ice-skating. Even my 69, almost 70, year-old father went a few rounds on ice-skates and my mother was a trooper to hang out in the cold with us to take pictures. It was pretty cold out, but it's amazing how quickly you warm up when ice-skating. The rink was crowded; I'd like to take the girls again when there are less people to bump into.

Here's Dad with his younger grandchildren--Macy, Kaylin, Hannah, and Joshua.



Kaylin and her new favorite cousin, Lauren. She was quite obsessed with Lauren this week-might have been because Lauren was staying with us and sleeping in her bed.

Our family. Love the Superman hat? It's my dad's orginal hat, probably from about 1970.

These girls were so excited. When we got there, the Zamboni was shining the ice. When it finished, I looked over and the three of them were making a break for the super slick ice without any adult help. I'm sure I looked like a crazy mom when I ran over and forced them off the ice, but those girls would have hit that ice and fallen, then been trampled by the people behind them.

Macy fell repeatedly all night, but hopped up and kept going. Mom caught Macy pulling Bobby down on the ice too.

Joshua wasn't sure of the ice, and didn't last very long. But he seemed to have a good time. The headless people holding his hands are his mom and brother. (Josh is my nephew; a couple months younger than Kaylin.)

I spent most of the night helping Kaylin. She kept saying "I think I'm getting the hang of this!" over and over as she clung to the side. She asked a couple times to go out in the center, but no way was I taking her out there! She fell, and fell, and fell, and fell and got back every time. At the end, her finger was cut by a skate and she cried, but she was a great sport the whole time.

Dad and my 17-year-old nephew Brandon. I think the grandkids were pretty excited Grandpa got out there.


And the picture you're all waiting for...the picture that will cause my brother to not talk to me for months, but is a classic picture of what you look like when you try to keep yourself from falling on the ice...

Wait for it...


Wait for it...


Here it comes...



No comments: