Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dots, dots and more dots...

In another life, I would be an interior decorator. In another life, my house would be totally well put together, beautifully decorated. Alas, this is my life, and I am not good at decorating. I have grand intentions that just don't get carried out.

Our bathroom was given a fresh coat of paint this summer, and has sat bare all fall. We needed a new shower curtain since my niece would be staying with us, so I found this cute one at Bed Bath and Beyond, on sale. Woo-hoo!



Then I remembered I had some lettering from an Uppercase Living party that I'd never put up in the bathroom. "It's a Girl Thing" in hot pink seemed to go well.



Then I got a wild hair to paint polka dots in the bathroom to match the shower curtain. I used the bottom of the fish food container, a plastic lid, the top to a water bottle, and a MU cup turned upside down to create circles to trace. My mom had the brilliant idea to use acrylic paint, and at .77 cents a bottle, it was a very cheap project. I stayed up until 1 am painting while the girls were sleeping.

Here are some of the random polka dots in the bathroom.






This set is my favorite...




I think it turned out very cute and is something that will grow with the girls for a while. I didn't want to do something too baby-ish. It's pretty girly, but hey--there are 3 girls and 1 boy in our house. What can you do?

And now for a sneak peek of the wildness that will be Macy's room soon...check out these colors and the color of her room. She's wanted polka dots since this summer, and Lauren has promised to help.


No comments: