Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Saga of the Earring

Macy begged to have her ears pierced for her 6th birthday, so we obliged. Took her to the mall, and she was so big and brave. So proud too of her little daisy earrings. We waited the required 6 weeks, and went to change them.

All heck broke loose. Screaming, crying, throwing herself down on the kitchen floor because it hurt so bad. I called Bobby at work in tears: what do I do? I called another friend for help. I managed to get the original earring back in, and there it stayed.

Until June, when we went to Bobby's sister's house. She somehow convinced Macy to change them, so we bought new earrings to reward her, and she was so proud of herself with these new earrings in. That worked until we got home from our trip, and suddenly she did not want to change them anymore. She didn't want me to put in earrings, nor did she want to try herself. At this point(mid June)she was not wearing any earrings at all.

Last night I am putting Kaylin to bed, and Macy disappears. I find her in the bathroom, sitting in the bathroom sink, putting in earrings! She just randomly decided she wanted to wear earrings again, and did it herself. I really thought that hole would be closed up, but apparently not.

She's a funny little thing.

No comments: