Friday, February 29, 2008

What will I be when I grow up?

Like most parents, I wonder frequently what the girls will be like when they grow up. When they play with the dogs, I wonder if they will be a vet. When they draw pictures, I wonder if they will be artists. Maybe teachers or doctors or just goofy girls. Right now they both want to be cheerleaders. Last week we went to an exhibit at Crown Center giving kids the chance to pretend do different jobs.

Will Kaylin be a cook?


or a fireman like her daddy?


or maybe the President of the United States?


or a professional surfer?


or a doctor? (notice the correct placement of the paddles; she had help)


or maybe she'll bring us the nightly news.


Whatever she chooss to be, my only advice to her is the advice my dad has said to me for as long as I can remember--do what makes you happy, regardless of money, circumstanes, whatever. Do what makes you happy.

In case you're wondering where Macy was, she was pouting in the corner because she said there were too many kids in there. I believe she'll be a drama queen when she grows up.

Happy Leap Day!!

No comments: