Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My little sleepwalker...

Last night, I was in bed but not asleep. I hear Kaylin whimpering, so I went to investigate. She's not in her bed, not in the bathroom, not in Macy's room, not in my room. Can't find her. But I can still hear her whimpering. I finally find her on the steps down by the garage, fists shoved in her mouth, whimpering. I pick her up and carry her back to her room. She has no idea where she is, or what is going on. I rock her for a few minutes, then put her back in her bed. She sleeps peacefully until morning.

I've found her before in strange places, like her closet, my bathroom, Macy's room. But it hasn't happened in a while, and this was her first foray into going down the stairs. And not just one set of stairs, but two.

**********************************************

Another funny Kaylin story. Last week Dad had told me before Kaylin and I left that if we looked out to the southwest while driving, we'd see Venus and Pluto. Venus would be larger, and they'd be the only stars in the sky. I started driving and forgot about it. About halfway to school, Kaylin says, "Mom, look, there's those things Papa was talking about." I look out my window, and sure enough, there are the bright "stars" Dad was telling us about. She's so smart.

No comments: