Monday, November 8, 2010

Ghost hunting

Ghosts.

Some believe whole-heartedly, others are majors skeptics. Some fall in the middle. I'm a fall-in-the-middle kind of person. I don't believe necessarily in ghosts, but am open to the possibility that they might exist.

The winery where Bobby works is supposedly haunted. Kids have been heard running and playing, singing Ring Around the Rosies, footsteps have been heard, a figure has appeared in a window. All within the last couple weeks. My high school students have been trespassing out there for years, and have some wild stories.

Sunday night Bobby took a group of about 30 firefighters and their families out for a ghost tour. Many were skeptics, just along to see what the old buildings looked like. Others were determined to "see" something or "feel" something. It was an unusual mix.

I knew I would be freaked out--I am, admittedly, scared of the dark and other creepy things. I threatened Bobby within an inch of his life to not leave me alone. Really, he didn't have a chance. I followed him around like a little puppy dog, not letting him out of my sight. I didn't freak out as much as I thought--it wasn't that scary in such a large group.

Findings:
  • Bobby, the biggest skeptic of all, and about 5 others heard footsteps. Footsteps that sounded like running, and footsteps that couldn't be explained.
  • One man took three successive pictures on his phone, and you can see a blub moving from one picture to another.
  • Two women heard feet shuffling in an area where activity has been observed in the past
 It was fun--different than anything I've done before. Not sure I want to do the "real" ghost tour, but it was really fun to walk around these deserted buildings at night.

No comments: