Friday, November 12, 2010

Check that off my list

So today I, along with 2 great friends, presented two sessions at a national conference. I've never done that before, and it was really kinda fun.

The first session had maybe 20 people in it, and it went well. The three of us just took turns talking about different parts of the topic. We got a nice round of applause.

The second session was right after the first one, and they just kept coming. The room's occupancy was 114; every seat was full, and they were lined up in the back and sitting on the floor in the aisles and up front. It was crazy! I've never spoken to a group that size before.

Not trying to sound like I'm bragging at all, but I think we really helped some new advisers with some of the struggles and stress that comes with advising newspaper and yearbook. I've already received 4 emails from people asking for the PowerPoint or files to share with them. It feels good to make a difference and help someone. 

Now that the powerpoint is ready, I think we will present at the other conferences.

It was sad to not travel somewhere this time for our national conference, but it was also nice to come home last night and tonight. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't counting down the days until Anaheim in April!

No comments: