Saturday, June 5, 2010

Like Night and Day

It's amazing how different the girls are.

Macy, the oldest by 2 years in case you aren't aware, is shyer, more reserved, more responsible, more dependable. She's also highly emotional. She very much has a "who is going to see me, does this match, is this what everyone else is wearing, is my hair combed" attitude. I see so much of myself in her that's scary. Most of the time we butt heads because we are so alike.

Kaylin, the younger by 2 years in case you weren't keeping track, is spunkier, not shy in the least, not responsible and very spirited. She very much has a "who cares if I'm wearing pink shoes with an orange striped shirt and a blue polka dotted skirt with food all over my face" attitude.She is my little shadow, always hanging on me or holding my hand or wanting me carry her (at age 6!)

Why am I sharing all this with you?

Tonight we went to Oceans for the first time this year. This is the third year we've had season passes. Previous years we just hung out at a few of the pools, the lazy river, etc. because Kaylin wasn't tall enough for the water slides. We'd try to convince Macy to do them with us, but nope. No dice. She was content to hang out in the pools.

Kaylin is now tall enough for the water slides, and it was like a brand-new waterpark for both girls. Suddenly, because her younger sister could ride the water slides with her, Macy was finally confident enough to do so. Funny how the YOUNGER sister was the one to convince the OLDER sister to go down the huge water slide. Funny how Macy needed the company of her sister to do it.

I have blogged before about their differences--Birth Order Analysis It was over a year and a half ago, and is still the same!

Nothing wrong with either personality--I love both of them for their different personalities, and wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: