Saturday, June 26, 2010

All kids do it...but STILL!!!!

All kids do it at some point. My oldest did it when she was 2, so I thought we'd moved past that. Obviously, I was wrong.

Thursday night I ran to the store, and Bobby was taking a shower after work. Afterwards, we quickly left the house and went to Worlds. While standing in line at the Mamba, I noticed Macy's hair looked funny. I looked closer, and gasped. Huge chunk missing out of the side.

I quickly turned to Kaylin, and ripped off her headband to see short, uneven bangs. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! The girls had taken advantage of me being gone and Bobby in the shower to give each other haircuts with my kitchen scissors.

Yesterday required a trip to our favorite hairdresser, Miss Staci, to repair the damage. Below are the before and after shots.


And I must add--I really am not fond of bangs. I don't know why, but I have strictly avoided bangs in both girls. It doesn't bother me when I see other kids with bangs, I don't think anything of it and don't think less of parents whose kids have bangs. But it's just something I avoid. That was part of my distress over Kaylin's snip-snip fiasco. But then Macy sat down in Staci's chair, and asked for bangs. I froze, Staci looked quickly at me, and I had to make a decision. I chose to let my daughter do what she wanted with her hair, not what I wanted to do. It may seem like a small thing, but it was a big decision for me to allow her control of her life. I don't want to be THAT mom, who makes every decision. She knew what she wanted, why shouldn't be allowed to embrace that? Even if I didn't want it.

No comments: