Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm alive, I promise!

Friday and Saturday we held a garage sale at our house, and it encompassed every thought and piece of energy I had in the last week. I know you like schedules, so here's what my week looked like:

Saturday and Sunday--cleaned out the garage and packed up toys, stuffed animals, etc.
Sunday night--pulled out all the clothes tubs from the secret hiding place in the basement
Monday night--sorted through 6--yes, 6--huge lawn and leaf bags full of girl clothes that never made it into tubs. I put those clothes in the corresponding size group.
Tuesday--secured tables, and folded 0-12 months clothes onto tables
Wednesday--folded 12 months to 4t onto tables
Thursday--folded 5t clothes, got signs ready, organized garage, priced miscellenous items, and finished getting ready at 2 am.
Friday and Saturday--garage sale.

It was insane how much prep work went into getting this ready. The earliest I went to bed last week was midnight. I think Bobby thinks it magically happened, since he was gone all week working. It was well worth it though, as we made quite a bit of money. More importantly, we got rid of some big items that were taking up space in our basement and garage!

I'm glad it is over! I promise I'll be a better blogger this week.

No comments: