Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The birds are back in town...

Several years ago, I was home with the girls and heard a loud scratching noise coming from the hall closet. Naturally, I stayed calm called my husband for help. I was sure a wild animal of some sort was in the closet. However, we determined birds were in the wall of the closet, just like they were also in the fireplace.

And once a year in the spring they return.

Yesterday, I'm upstairs and I hear Kaylin yelling, "Mom, COME HERE. You've GOT to see this!" I went to see what was so important, and she is staring transfixed at the hall closet. I didn't hear the birds at first, then I did. I explained the bird situation, and she is now telling everyone about the birds in the closet.

In case you are wondering, we don't know how they get in. Or get out. But in about a week, the birds will be gone.

Until next year!

No comments: