Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is it Halloween yet?

I would like to state, for the record, that it is September 28, Halloween is over a month away, and tonight I purchased their Halloween costumes. What? You are surprised I didn't buy them the night before like I do with Christmas presents? I'm surprised too.

Macy is a pirate, and Kaylin is a skeleton. Not what they had originally said when we went to the store, but whatever. As you know if you've read this blog for very long, I am not a helicopter parent and I let them make their own decisions.

Macy worked on Happy Birthday and Mary had a Little Lamb at guitar tonight, and Kaylin had her first girl scout meeting last night. A friend from church and a friend from her class both joined her troop, which made her very happy.

Word on the street is I'm getting my white board sometime this week (finally). We've only been in school 6 weeks, in a brand-new million dollar building, but we've survived. I want to do something cheesy, like drape it in tissue paper or something.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Jen, I bought the kids costumes last weekend. Solomon is a Jedi and Sage is a "Candy Corn Witch" (can you imagine what that looks like?)

Anyway, it's weird that I bought ours really early. They will probably be worn out or torn up before Halloween...

Congrats on the pending arrival of the white board.