Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wow, glad this week is over!

It's over. The week I was dreading and looking forward at the same time is passed. I survived, the girls survived, and time moves on.

I had 17 4's and 5's in VBS this week, in the morning. Some things I learned:

1. I'm not volunteering to teach again. Give me another job: craft person, snack maker, whatever.
2. Regardless of how terrible it will be to have 2 teenage girls in the house, I am so thankful that I never had a 4-year-old boy. Wow is all I have to say.
3. Sharks live in rivers, did you know that?


Then at night this week we had Girl Scout Camp. I rotate years between the girls, so it was Macy's year. Her troop is easier than Kaylin's, because they are older. It was hot, hot and more hot. I wish I'd weighed myself at the beginning of the week; I think I lost 5 pounds from just sweating. Things I learned:

1. I'm not being suckered into being the unit leader again. I'll be there as a parent helper, but I won't be the leader. Too much stuff to keep track of!
2. Girls are emotional.
3. Wet shoes are pretty gross to put back on.
4. When you drink a buttload of water, and don't have to pee for 6 hours, you know you are sweating pretty hard.

That's it in a nutshell.

No comments: