Monday, July 19, 2010

B90 days Check in Week 3, and other stuff!

This is my third week attempting to read the Bible in 90 days, and even with the craziness of last week, I am up to date with the reading. (Well, I still need to read today's, but will do that tonight) I'm midway through Deuteronomy. My thoughts:

1. Leviticus was a struggle, as was Numbers a little.
2. The repetition was getting me down, and I kept thinking "why did God have to keep telling them these things?" Then I thought...how many times do I have to tell my children not to do something? Mmmm...point taken.
3. I have found myself being much more thankful for things this last week, which I think is a direct byproduct of reading over and over about God being angry with the Israelites, and Moses repeating how thankful they should be.

Other stuff:

I'm in the Little Apple this week, Manhattan KS, for a journalism camp. My partner in crime isn't here, so I have a huge hotel room and king-sized bed to myself, but I'm lonely without her! I went to class for a bit yesterday, but am hanging out in the room today and will go back tonight. I'm watching the Food Network right now. I brought 5 high school students, and they are good kids.

It was this camp, 3 years ago, that I got the wild hair to start this blog. Here was my first post ever, and it was in this hotel in 2007! The girls STILL talk about that trip to the zoo!

New blogger has spell check!! Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

Kara said...

My thoughts about all the repetition were similar...it takes that for us to get it through our thick skulls!

That Bald Chick said...

I agree about the repetition. How many times have I thought, "Why can't they just get it already?" when reading through the OT. But then I think about how long it sometimes takes for me to "get it" Hm... Thanks for dropping by!
Virginia
http://ladyvdzine.com

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I think you are right on with the repetition...it shows how much God wanted them to "get it", you know? He is a patient God!