Monday, July 26, 2010

B90 Days Check-In

For those of you not interested in my weekly Bible reading check-ins, you can skip if you prefer. I know who you are. :)

I'm still up to date with my reading, starting Week 4. I've read all of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth and 1 Samuel. I'm 1/2 way through II Samuel.

Thoughts so far:
1. I need to jot down thoughts for this weekly check-in. Every week I sit down to write this post and try to remember what had made an impact, and can't remember. Then two days later I remember, but don't go back and update the post.
2. Reading all the stories I remember reading as a child is neat. Sometimes I remember just pieces of the story, but re-reading them brings them back to memory.
3. I don't know why, but in my mind some of the Old Testament events seemed like they happened SOOOO far apart from each other, but now while I'm reading it again, all together, events didn't happen as far apart as I thought.
4. After getting through the yucky stuff that was Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, I've really enjoyed Joshua, Judges, Ruth and I Samuel. More like a novel, especially when you are reading it as fast as I am.

Again, no real deep thoughts from me. Just more observations. I'm very proud of myself for reading this much so far--never thought I could do it, and now that I've started and done this much, I'm determined to finish by Oct. 2nd. (Just in time to start teaching The Crucible. Interesting...)

No comments: