Monday, April 12, 2010

Whew...

Whew...what a weekend! My brother's family was in from Atlanta, and we had a jam-packed several days with them. It was so very nice to have them here and spend time with them! My niece, her husband, and my oldest nephew stayed with us, and as usual, the girls followed Lauren and George around like puppy dogs. Poor Lauren and George--they didn't get a minute's rest from my two.

Saturday morning we went up to William Jewell for family pictures. We had a lot of fun taking many pictures--the whole family, individual families, just the girls, just the boys, grandparents, grandchildren, etc. We did a funny one at the fountain at Grand River Chapel where Bobby proposed to me twelve years, where he pretended to propose again. I told him a real romantic would have had a ring for me again, but he didn't think it was funny.

Today was super crazy at work, and I imagine tomorrow will be too. Then Wednesday bright and early I leave for Portland, without my travel buddy. She's in Baltimore with her son, who was born 10 weeks early and just survived a scary, dangerous surgery last week. I'm on my own for this trip with 8 students. At first I was fine with it, but now I'm starting to get a tad freaked out about it. I'm sure it will be fine.

My stress level can drop 100 points anytime now.

No comments: