Friday, April 23, 2010

Parents of the Year

A nightly ritual at our house is checking the lunch calendar for Kaylin. Macy always buys her lunch, which is a decision not based on food, but that all her friends buy their lunch too. Kaylin rotates between buying and taking, depending on what is for lunch that day.

Wednesday night--we forgot to check the lunch calendar.
Thursday morning--I noticed I had a missed call from the school on my cell phone, but no message, so I didn't call back. If it was important, they would have left a message.
Thursday night--at dinner, I mentioned the above to Bobby. He remembers that he missed a call from the school too, and checked his messages. I notice him shaking his head and laughing.

The message was from the school secretary. Kaylin was in the office, wondering if someone was going to bring her a lunch.

I'm assuming she bought school lunch yesterday.

No comments: