Saturday, February 20, 2010

The one where I sound like I'm reviewing the Sprint Center and Rascal Flatts

I love going to concerts. It's one of my most favorite things. I can't tell you my first concert, or even name all the ones I've been to, but that's okay. When I was younger, Kemper Arena was the place to go. Getting there was no problem, and parking was never an issue either. As I got older, Sandstone Ampitheatre became a fun place to go too.  I recall one summer in college I went to about 4 concerts out there, with Bobby or with other friends. One of my favorite's, though, was when Eric got us tickets to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in a suite at the Pepsi Center in Denver.

In case anyone ever wonders what to get me for birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Memorial Day or Arbor Day, concerts are a good bet.

Last night was Rascal Flatts and Darius Rucker at the Sprint Center. This was my second concert at Sprint, my third time there overall, and I must say how impressed I am with that building. It's clean, well-lit, the windows around the outside looking over Power and Light are beautiful, bathrooms are abundant and lines move quickly, and you can get in and out quickly of the building--at least if you are on the bottom level. The seats are comfortable, and there are nice cup holders.The big escalator to the top freaks me out a little, though. I love that QuikTrip sells frozen drinks for $1--yes, $1!!! I enjoyed a Frozen Coke slushie last night. Power and Light next door is fabulous too.

RF and Darius Rucker put on a great show--great performers, not stand in one place and sing performers, like others I won't name (cough, George Strait, cough). Twice they brought two little girls up on stage, and it was the cutest thing ever. They interacted a lot with the crowd, which makes for a good show.

This ends my review of the Sprint Center and Rascal Flatts. Next concert: Bon Jovi, in less than a month.

No comments: