Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bah humbug

I love sending out Christmas cards. I don't hand-sign every card, but rather I usually send out a Christmas picture. I spend hours picking out the best pictures, the coolest layout, the cheapest prices. This year I was super excited to notice that the weekend after Thanksgiving, Sam's Club had their photo greeting cards 100 for $15. That's a steal, folks, in case you haven't priced photo greeting cards recently. I addressed all of ours and happily sent them off in the mail.

I anxiously awaited for others to arrive. I love seeing how big children have gotten, or that someone dyed her hair, and I love reading the Christmas letters to see what people are up to. So I waited. And waited.

And waited.

I mailed out 64 Christmas cards this year, and we received 24. If my math is correct, which if you know me...that's about a 38% return rate.

Dismal.

Some on our list I have never received cards from--older aunts and uncles who live out of state and with who we aren't reletively close. That's fine. But others on our list? Not fine.

Is it the economy? Or do people just not care about Christmas cards like I do? Or maybe 40 people don't like us as friends anymore?

Regardless, I will continue to send out my 64 cards, and will continue to hope our return rate improves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you got ours - I did give it to Macy when she was at our house one morning to get on the bus. We have tons left - I could give you more to up your % :)