Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Outdoor nudity and pet birds

Tonight at Kaylin's t-ball game, I witnessed two grand shows of nudity. First, I glanced over my shoulder to see a mom holding her two, maybe three, year old daughter in the air, pants around her ankles. They weren't five feet behind their chairs, and parallel with my chair off the side! I had a front row seat. I'm guessing she was trying to get the daughter to go to the bathroom, but I stopped watching so I have no idea if she succeeded. Macy, on the other hand, was staring.

Then this boy, maybe seven or eight, ran down by the creek to pee. Except he didn't go far, and stopped right by the edge of the trees. I glanced over my shoulder again, and hello! Big white butt staring up over at me. Then he stared screaming "a raccoon! a raccoon!" and running away from the creek, right towards me, trying to pull his pants up and run at the same time. He wasn't succeeding.

I have been known to let our kids pee outside if necessary, but for their own privacy, I make sure they are away from other people.

And finally, we have a pet bird. This bird likes to hop around the driveway while we are outside playing, and does not seem to be scared of us. The girls attempted to feed him Pringles, which he did not care for. He will hop right up to one of the girls, stare at her for a while, then hop off. He doesn't seem to be fond of flying, although he can fly. He also likes to hop inside our garage, climb around on the cooler and the trash bags. No amount of trying to herd him out of the garage will work; he will leave on his own time. He did stay in the garage the entire time we were at t-ball, because he was sitting on the skateboard when we needed to leave. When we came home, he hopped on out. Surprisingly, the girls have not named him. And I use the terms "he/him" generically--I have no interest in determing the sex of the bird.

Last day of summer school tomorrow. I'm not sure if I am sad or happy...

No comments: