Monday, July 20, 2009

More camping...

"Update!" the fans yell. And I can't let the masses down.

Finished Girl Scout camp on Friday. I was dreading camp, but it turned out to be fun and I'm glad I helped. What else was I going to do with my time? It's important to me to be involved with my kids, and I know it meant a lot to them that I was there. I was with Kaylin's group, and checked it on Macy quite a bit. Our group was really good and we had fun. Weather was PERFECT.

Friday night Macy camped with the rest of her troop, and had a great time. There was a DJ with a disco ball under the trees, and they danced to all their favorite Hannah Montana and Taylor Swift and HSM songs until 11 pm. Kaylin and I left before that madness started, and went camping with Bobby and some friends from church at a state park. Kaylin was so tired she fell asleep on Bobby around the campfire.

Saturday we picked up Macy and went back to the camp. We spent the day with friends playing, riding bikes and scooters, taking hikes, having a water balloon fight, eating, and having a good time.

I won't bore you with the story about me not wanting to go to the bathroom for fear of being attacked by raccoons, or the story of how I used the hand dryer in the bathroom to dry the girls hair after their shower.

Sunday we left early to take the girls to Mom and Dad's before church. Boy were they crabby! Bobby went to work, and I boarded a school bus to Iowa City, Iowa for journalism camp. Many stories there, and I will share those later. Right now, need a nap.

No comments: