Friday, June 5, 2009

Time on my hands

I have a new career path in life.

I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom whose kids are in school.

This week has been great! After I put the kids on the bus, I've been able to:

walk 4 miles every day
go to Walmart and Target by myself
take a nap
wash dishes
do laundry
take lunch to them
hang out at Oceans of Fun by myself, while reading a book and getting some sun
get new tires put on
read blogs, Facebook as much as I want.
take naps (oh, did I already mention that one?)

Then when the girls get home, I am rested and can really enjoy them because I've done everything during the day while they've been gone!

Truthfully, I would last about a month before I would go crazy. But it sure is nice right now! I don't ever want to hear from stay-at-home mom's (with all their kids in school, not the ones who still have little ones at home) about how they don't have time to do something. They have all the time in the world, and I am going to be so jealous when I have to go back to work this fall!

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Isn't summer the best for teachers? I mean, other than the zillion comments we hear from non teachers about how we don't have to work during the summer? I love these days too!