Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

I voted this morning! I had to wait about a half hour, and it wasn't bad. The biggest mess was trying to get in the parking lot, so I parked across the street and walked through a field.

When I was pregnant with Kaylin, I had to renew my driver's license. I noted that it wouldn't expire until 2009, which she was 5, almost 6. I wrote about it in her pregnancy journal. We moved shortly after she was born, four years ago, and I have never renewed my license. It still shows that I live at a different address, in a different city, but I don't want to renew it until I have to.

I've voted in the same place for four years, every small or big election. After waiting a half hour, the lady almost denied me because the address was different. I flashed my best, most pleasant smile and explained that I've lived at my current address for four years but never renewed my license, and that my current address is the same as my husband's on the sheet right in front of her. She flashed her best, most pleasant smile back at me and said she thought it would be okay.

I still won't renew my driver's license until next year.

What an exciting election day for America. Hopefully everyone gets out and votes!

No comments: