Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not Me Monday!



During a fire drill last week on my plan hour, I did not go into our journalism office, turn off the lights, and lay down, using a student coat as a pillow. I did not briefly nap for the ten minutes or so it takes to herd 2200 students outside and back in again. And I did not wake up freaked out I was going to get in trouble...

We did not invite 27 kids to Macy's birthday pool party. Nope, we like smaller, low-key events.

I did not lie to my youngest on two occasions this week because reasoning with her is impossible--once to tell her the night light's "job" was to keep the monsters away, and once to tell her she couldn't get in the hot tub at her cousin's birthday party because Aunt Natalie would have to pay extra if she did. Nope, I am completely honest with my girls.

I did not tape record an absolutely wonderful, perfect conversation with my 7th hour for a project I'm doing for my master's class,only to realize it didn't tape. Rather than re-tape, I did not sit with my 7th hour and have them verbally re-create the conversation.

I did not say every night last week that I was going to bed early, and I did not fail every night.

Head over to MckMama's blogfor more fun...

And a Monday morning treat for you;
Macy and Kaylin made up a song last night, and created a dance to go with it. Here it is, exactly like it was spelled on the piece of paper they carried around all night:

I see a spurkl in your eis evere day
And you are my boy
You love the wruld
Now you know wot to do evere day
I see a sparkl in your eis.

No comments: