Thursday, November 6, 2008

Can I show you something? What an original cover!

End of 1st hour today: I look up, and Kaylin is peeking around the door, grinning her sweet smile. "C'mere Mommy!I want to show you something!" So I follow her next door to her preschool.

"What do you want to show me?" I ask, looking around the room.
"Ummmmmm.....here." She hands me a shot glass from Hong Kong.
"Great, this is neat. Did Mrs. D's husband bring this back from his trip?"
"Yep."
"Ok, do you have anything else to show me?"
"Ummmmmmm...." She looks at Mrs. D. I've getting suspicious at this point. "Ummmm...here." She hands me a book about horses.
"This is neat too. Why did you want to show it to me?"
"They told me I had to show you something so you'd leave the room."
I KNEW IT.

So I go back to my classroom, acting surprised when they flung balloons and streamers and yelled "Happy Belated Birthday" at me. Then we had a mini party with food. (Because my newspaper kids use every excuse in the book to eat food!)" They gave me socks for my birthday--they know my absolute favorite thing in the world is new socks--now I won't have to buy new socks for my trip next week!

In case you were wondering, if you wanted to rap my last name, it would be: "H to the I with a double G to the S." That spells Higgs, in case you don't speak hip hop ghetto.

No comments: