Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Soccer Star she is not...

Kaylin's first soccer game this season was tonight. She loves putting on the shin guards, soccer socks, and cleats--highlight of her day. But a soccer star she is not. Basically she runs around on the field. If she accidently gets too close to the ball, she pulls back and lets someone else kick it. The two times she touched the ball tonight were when the coach had her kick it in. Here's my play-by-play of what I bet she's thinking during the game:
"Maybe if I run around with my arms up in the air, Mom and Dad will think I'm actually playing."

"I've got to keep running! Can't stop!"

"Spinning around in a circle like a windmill is my favorite part of soccer!"

"Wow, I'm tired. We just scored a goal so I'd better sit down and rest so I can keep running away from the ball."

"You mean I have to kick the ball?"

"So glad the game is over. I'm going to bellyflop in the middle of everyone."


She's hilarous to watch. She was like that in the spring too. Hey, at least she's having a good time and getting excercise.

On a side note, many of you know how much I wanted unique names for my children. I tried REALLY hard. Imagine my annoyance tonight when the team Kaylin was playing had not one, not two, but THREE Macy's. Grrrrrr......

And another side note, after throwing numerous fits about not playing soccer, Macy tells me that now she does want to play. Grrrrrr......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the pictures are cute - especially the one with her on her belly and the one with her arms up!!!

Carmen said...

Looks like she is having a blast! She is too cute!