Thursday, September 4, 2008

Long time no blog

I was startled to realize it'd been several days since I've written anything. Nothing much going on; I guess I was just busy!

The girls have started dance--Macy is taking Tap/Ballet, Jazz and Acro (tumbling). She absolutely threw a fit about not playing soccer and wanting to take acro instead, so we went that route. Kaylin is taking Tap/Ballet, and will be starting soccer later this month.

Bobby has been working with Macy quite a bit on her basketball skills. She'll be playing again this fall, and is very excited. She's pretty good for her age; helps that she is so tall and has a dad that knows what he is talking about helping her. They worked on dribbling the other night.

Nothing exciting at the fire station going on. He worked a bad, bad, bad motorcycle accident where the motorcyclist didn't fare so well. Blog readers, beware of motorcycles. He's worked quite a few that didn't end up well.

School is going along. As I was walking in the halls today, it seemed like we've been back at school forever, not just a few weeks. No really interesting stories to tell.

I'm taking two master's classes this fall. Had some trouble getting the books for one, but all seems resolved now. I'm anxious to be done: the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

I've become a PTA mom too. I'm the head of two PTA committees, and have been working hard on that. Meetings are once a month, and are generally pretty long. :(

Bobby's step-nephew and his girlfriend had a baby girl Sunday night, Peyton Dianna. She's still in NICU with some breathing difficulties, but should go home this weekend. I wish them well, but worry about the long, hard road they have ahead: both are 19, no jobs, no stable future to provide for their daughter, and absolutely no idea what they are getting into.

That's all I can think of in the our world this week. Going to the first high school football game tomorrow night with our usual crew--girls are looking forward to that.

No comments: