Saturday, September 20, 2008

No one got it right...

updated

But my mom put it best--what could be more important to a 6-almost-7 year old with a beautiful smile? I guess I could give Mom the 5 free blog points, but that feels like cheating since she knew what was coming.




Macy FINALLY lost her first tooth!! This was a big deal, because all of her friends have lost teeth. In fact, several kindergartners (babies, in Macy's eyes) have lost teeth, and she hadn't. But it finally happened this morning, about 10 minutes before we were to leave for a parade.

It bled, of course, and she started sobbing and crying. It just scared her, because she started crying after it was already out. We had a difficult time finding the tooth on our stairs--teeny little thing, and our stairs haven't exactly been recently vacuumed. I'm thankful Bobby was home to help clean up the blood--she's calmer around him than me--and I'm thankful it happened at home, not at school. I really wanted to be there when it happened!

She showed everyone we saw today, and I know she will at church tomorrow too.

Mom made her a tooth fairy pillow earlier this summer, and we got it out tonight. She was so excited to go to bed, and tucked that pillow under there and went right to sleep. I taped the tooth down a little, to help hold it to the pillow. I just envisioned that tooth falling out, and the tooth fairy having a hard time finding it. :)



Looks like that tooth fairy will need to keep money handy, because the one right next to it is pretty loose too.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Tell Macy that smile looks beautiful! Congratulations Miss Macy...you look wonderful! Love ya,
Aunt Carmen & Uncle Kelly

Unknown said...

You aren't joking about keeping money handy. The tooth fairy has been on vacation or sick for more than 1 occasion in last few months!!!