Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Waves and darkness...

After many trips to Oceans of Fun, the girls finally conquered the wave pool today. On previous trips they wouldn't even put a toe in the water. Suddenly today they were jumping into the waves, and having a ball. No idea what brought about the change, but I'm excited. It will make our beach trip easier next year!

Our power went out last night from 2 am until about 4:30 am. I realized I read WAY too many murder mystery novels when I was worried that someone had cut our power lines to come in and attack us in some way. I walked carefully throught the house using my cell phone as a flashlight (a trick I learned from my high school students) and finally determined the entire block lost power, not just our house from some crazy lunatic.

No comments: