Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oh, the last days of summer...

We enjoyed our last Saturday before school starts...at least for Kaylin and me. Macy has one more Saturday. We went to the zoo, and I have never seen it that dead. The weather was wonderful, no crowds at all, and the animals were active. It was a great trip!

Here's Macy on Truman the tiger on the carousel...

Kaylin on the red panda...

Then we headed over to the bird feeding. Those of you who have been with me for a year might remember my very first post, about my dad at the bird feeding. The girls were pretty scared last year; Macy wouldn't do it at all. Today they were so excited.


Yes, Macy has her face painted. We went to an open house for a local gym in the morning, and she had a mask painted around her eyes. BTW, we won a free month's tuition!

Last year the birds flocked to Dad, and this year, it was Bobby. The birds loved his black Missouri Tiger shirt!

They loved it so much they wanted to eat it...

Proof of how far Macy has come from last year; she let this bird sit on her head!

I won't bore you with the pictures I took of the animals, but this guy was too cute. He was sucking his thumb! And when Macy or I would put our hand on the glass, he'd run down, "slap" our hand, and run away. He was super cute!

After the zoo, we headed out to Legends to try the dinosaur restuarant out there. We discovered quickly why no one was at the zoo: they were all at Legends! It was insanely busy everywhere, and there was a 2 hour wait at the dinosaur restaurant. We ended up eating dinner outside at a resturant right across from it, so we could see the dinosaurs as we ate. We had wanted to do some shopping, but forget it! Too many people. We ate and left.

Kaylin and I go back to school on Tuesday. She is very, very, very excited. I'm not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the birds liked Bobbys' shirt because they thought it looked like a good place to poop!!!!