Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kaylin-isms

Last night at dinner, Kaylin looked up at me and said, "This chicken is a chicken." Huh? I just looked at her. She repeated it. "This chicken is a chicken. You know, this chicken I'm eating is a bawk-bawk (arm movements galore) chicken." Right--the chicken you are eating is a chicken. Got it.

Kaylin, as I've blogged before, desperately wants to be tall enough to ride the rides Macy can. Everytime we go to Worlds of Fun, she makes me measure her on the rides to see if she's grown. Last night Bobby and Macy were riding the Fury of the Nile, and Kaylin and I were waiting at the exit. I measured her, as usual. She's about 2 inches too short. I got us some cups of water, and Kaylin drank about half of hers. Then she wanted me to measure her again. "After I drink this water, will I be tall enough now?" No, honey, you won't be tall enough until next year. "But if I drink ALL this water, will I grow tall enough to ride it?" No, honey, I'm sorry.

No comments: