Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back to reguarly scheduled programming

We just got back from a get away for a couple days. Rode go-carts, went swimming in the hotel pool, did some tax-free back to school shopping. It was a much needed break.

And I had a glimpse of what the next fifteen years will be like. Normally I just pick out the girls back to school outfit. Not this year! Macy had a definate idea of what she wanted, and wouldn't budge from it. Eventually we found what she wanted. Anything I suggested wasn't good enough. I knew this day would come, but I was hoping it was a few years away. Kaylin, of course, couldn't make up her mind. She is extremely indecisive with everything. I picked three outfits and let her pick from those, and that worked.

And I created fitting room monsters. Neither girl had ever tried anything on in a fitting room. I always hold things up to them and say, that'll fit. The first store Macy and I were in, she and I went in the fitting room with a couple outfits. She absolutely loved it. Then Kaylin got in the act. It wasn't such a big deal, except the stores were crowded, and they wanted to go in the fitting room with one shirt. I finally got them to understand you pick several things, and make one trip to the fiting room, not 8 trips.

Let the record stand that school starts in two weeks, and both girls have their back to school outfits, their backpacks, and all school supplies. Usually I'm still shopping the day before. We are all set to go!

No comments: