Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday Delightfullness

I'm sitting here at parent teacher conferences, overjoyed with excitement. It's slow tonight, compared to Monday night, so I'm going to entertain myself, keep myself busy,and possibly you,  by jotting down some random thoughts.

  • I did not see any of the miners be pulled out this week. When Bobby is working, I just don't turn on the TV, so I didn't know anything was going until I woke up the next morning and was checking Twitter. I'm stealing this comment from someone else, but when I realized I missed it, I kinda felt like I'd missed the moon landing or the OJ chase. 
  • Our whole family, all 4 of us, have off the next three days. Woo-hoo--mark that on the calendar, because when has that EVER happened. Lots of fun family time. Come Monday, I'll probably be talking about how much we annoyed each other, but for now, looking forward to time together. 
  • Looks like I might be getting a student teacher in the spring--excited about that. I've met her once, and she seems on top of things. Student teachers can be a good thing or a bad thing. I've had two; one was exceptional and one was so-so. Either way, it is a treat to get some time "off".
  • The girls are going to start doing chores and receiving an allowance. They will be required to give a portion to church each week. I thought they would fight me on that part, but they really didn't.
Is it time to go home yet? Only 1 1/2 hours left. 

No comments: