Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sneaky peaky

This child....

is quite devious. She knows how to work the system, and she quietly watches her sister and her friends, and just soaks it all in.

A couple weeks ago, Macy was "sick". Bobby let her stay home. I told him to send her to school, but he didn't. Kaylin observed this quietly.

Monday night, she stood at the top of the steps at 9:30, telling me she didn't want to go to school. I replied, Sorry, child, you have to. Her response? Macy didn't have to that one time! My response? Sorry, you're going to school.

Next morning, I left for work and our babysitter arrived. She's a sweet girl of about 20. She called Bobby and said Kaylin was crying and said she thought she was going to throw up. He called my mom, and Kaylin ended up over there. Once I go the text, I immediately called my mom.

Sneaky little girl was up be-bopping around, playing games, convincing Grandpa to fix her a pancake. She totally worked the system, knowing I couldn't stay home with her, so she worked that to her advantage to end up at Grandma's. Mom put Kaylin on the phone, and she knew right away she was caught and started crying. Mom took Kaylin back to school.

What am I going to do when this child is 16? Heaven help me.

No comments: