Monday, May 30, 2011

In Honor of Memorial Day

Some of my favorite pictures from my trip with Macy to Washington D.C., in honor of Memorial Day.

Vietnam Memorial. My students used to read a story about the building of this memorial, and how people were mad when it was built because it wasn't as tall or huge like others, but let me tell you, it's pretty impressive.
Arlington National Cemetery. I must have taken at least 200 pictures of those beautiful white tombstones.
The World War II Memorial at night, looking over at the Washington Monument. The WWII one was pretty cool.
Macy, with the Washington Monument behind her and the reflecting pool.
Macy standing in the same spot Martin Luther King made his "I have a dream speech".

Thank you to all our veterans for keeping our country safe.

No comments: