Monday, May 2, 2011

To be a princess...

I've always been fascinated with the Royal Family in England. Really any Royal families...I remember being infatuated with the Romanov dynasty in Russia for a while. I love the Kennedy's, American's version of royalty.

It should come as no surprise then that I was excited about the Royal Wedding between William and Kate. I mentioned to the girls that the wedding was on Friday morning, and did they want to get up at super early to watch it with me? They did.

I set the alarm for 4:45--the wedding was to start at 5:00 am. At 4:15, my phone rang. After finally figuring out that it was my phone that was making that strange sound, I called my mom back in a panic. My dad has heart problems, and any early morning call sends me into nervousness.

I could tell right away my dad was fine. Mom sounded giddy. "Are you watching? Have you seen their hats? What do the girls think? Are you up? It's getting ready to start!" I mumbled something about waking up the girls and hustled them downstairs.

Maybe it was the fact that they were still half asleep, but the girls were mesmerized. They were glued to the screen, asking questions and making comments. They were puzzled a few times at things in the ceremony, but were in awe of everything.

In honor of the British, we ate English muffins for breakfast. :)

Kaylin fell asleep on the floor in front of the TV, and Macy and I dozed a little, Macy really loved when they were riding around in the carriage.

While I was pretty tired the next day, I think the girls will always remember getting up before the sun to watch the Royal Wedding. I know I will always remember watching with them, and that's what it's all about.

No comments: