Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First 5k

Yesterday I signed up for my first 5k, Rock the Parkway

I've said before that I was going to run, and just never have. Been too scared, too nervous, whatever to actually do it. With Bobby's strange schedule, it's hard to train. I can't follow training schedules found online, and he'll suddenly work overtime and can't run for three days in a row. It's getting easier though--the girls can stay home by themselves for a short time, and I'm making more of an effort to force myself. The training is going pretty well, so I felt comfortable paying money and signing up.

I'm running with 2 others I work with, so we talk about it at school, and I'm getting excited! It may be miserable and I may hate it and never do it again, but that's okay.

I've blogged about this before, but it's something I feel strongly about. It's important for the girls to see that I do things outside of taking care of them. So many parents are wrapped up 100% in their children and don't take time for themselves. One of these days those kids are going to grow up, and what has the parent done for themselves? What goals has the parent showed the child they can achieve?

Running a 5k is something that I hope the girls can see me do and appreciate that I am taking time for myself.

No comments: