Thursday, October 1, 2009

Maybe I won a battle...

Macy got off the bus yesterday with crumpled instructions written in marker by a 7-year-old for what she was to wear to school today for Twin Day. She was pretty excited, so I asked about Decade Day, and listened intently as she rattled off what everyone was wearing. Then she looked up at me.

"And Jessa was wearing a poodle skirt." (Jessa being Kaylin's current BFF.) Pause. "I wish I had worn the poodle skirt."

Aha! Success.

And on another note, Tuesday was my dad's dad's birthday. I never met him--he died when my dad was young. The story goes that he was walking in the field, checking on the cows, and fell over dead of a heart attack. Dad told me he would have been 113 on Tuesday. That's a crazy thing to think about! I wish I'd had the opportunity to meet him.

No comments: